Combes man accused in Harlingen child sex abuse case
Fri, 15 Jul 2011 16:33:13 GMT —
A Combes man is out on bond after being accused of having inappropriate sexual relationship with a 14-year-old girl.
Harlingen police arrested 27-year-old Jose Alberto Perez, Jr. on a sexual assault of a child charge on Tuesday.
Investigators told Action 4 News that the 14-year-old girl came forward back on July 2010.
The girl had been reported as a runaway told police that she had been involved in a sexual relationship with her older boyfriend Perez.
Court records show that the girl she and Perez had been seeing each other for at least nine months.
The girl told police on the night that she didn TMt come home that Perez had picked her up in her father TMs truck and took her to his parents TM house in Combes.
The two allegedly had sex at least three times.
Authorities found physical evidence of sexual contact and went to speak with Perez at his parents TM home on the 19000 block of Kilbourn Road back in July 2010.
Police found Perez covered up with blankets on the living sofa.
Perez told investigators that he didn TMt know the girl and that she TMs always looking for him.
I can TMt get rid of her, he allegedly told a detective.
Perez was supposed to come in to the police department back in July 2010 and provide a statement but never showed up.
Records show that the Combes man retained the services of an attorney and refused to submit a DNA sample on Monday as ordered by a local state district court.
Police arrested Perez at his parents TM house on Tuesday and he appeared before Harlingen Municipal Judge Robert Guerra on Wednesday morning.
Judge Guerra issued Perez a $50,000 dollar bond.