Constable holds drive for apartment fire victims
Thu, 04 Mar 2010 23:02:13 GMT —
A Hidalgo County constable is holding a clothes drive for three families whose apartments were damaged in a fire.
The fire took place on the 100 block of South Esperanza Street in Pharr.
Constable Gilbert "Chato" Alaniz told Action 4 News that he and his deputy constables were moved by the three family's plights.
They have started a clothes drive to replace items needed by each family.
Apt 1 - Gonzalez Family (Five people)
- Infant size 18-24 months
- Men's medium size shirts and waist 32 pants
- Men's extra large shirts and waist 36 pants
- Women's large size maternity clothes
- Women's large size shirts
Apt 2 - Otunez Family (Four People)
- Women's large shirts and size 9 pants
- Men's large shirts and waist 32-34 pants
- Men's medium shirts and waist 30-32 pants
- Women's medium shirts and waist 20 pants
Apt 3 - Ortiz Family (Three people)
- Women's size 26 to 28 shirts and pant size 28
- 11-year-old girl shirts size 12-14 and pants size 12
- 10-year-old boy shirts size 10-12 and pants size 8
Anyone who can help out is asked to contact Constable Alaniz at (956) 783-4664 or Deputy Constable Robert Vecchio at (956) 330-6087.
Donations can be received at the constable's office at 523 S. Standard Rd in San Juan.