Dryer fire claims the lives of two cats
Sat, 06 Jul 2013 23:39:55 GMT —
In Edinburg, a family survived a house fire but not before it claimed the lives of their two beloved family pets.
Just before 10 p.m. on Independence Day, fire crews responded to the 1600 block of West Portales in Edinburg.
The family said they have asked the apartment managers to look into the case, as they believe it was caused by the dryer in their apartment.
Like I told you, I didn TMt care about the materials, I was trying to tell them to try and save our animals and they didn TMt make it out. It just hurts really bad because it was like a little part of our family, you know, Amanda Herrera said.
Herrera added that she had previous problems with the dryer and had notified maintenance about the issue.
The family buried their beloved family pets just yesterday.
If you would like to donate, you can call (956) 566-8161.