Early Voting: Rio Grande Valley residents head to the polls Monday
Early voting starts Monday across the Rio Grande Valley.
- A three-way mayoral race in Edinburg, where Councilman Richard Molina and Gina Marie Alamia, the daughter of former Mayor Richard Alamia, challenged incumbent Mayor Richard H. Garcia.
- Two seats on the City Commission in Weslaco, where former Mayor Miguel Wise wants to unseat Commissioner Greg Kerr.
- A four-way contest in Donna, where incumbent Mayor Irene Muñoz is facing three opponents.
- The creation of "Cameron County Assistance District No. 1," which would collect a new 2 percent sales tax.
- Three candidates running for mayor of Los Fresnos.
The ballot also includes seven constitutional amendments which cover everything from regulations for home equity loans to prizes awarded to credit union customers.
Early voting starts Monday, Oct. 23, and ends Friday, Nov. 3. Election Day is Tuesday, Nov. 7.
For information about when and where to vote, visit: