Esco Marine worker dies after breathing in fumes
Tue, 10 Jun 2014 19:45:42 GMT —
A 24-year-old man died while working at Esco Marine Inc. in the Port of Brownsville.
The incident happened Monday afternoon at around 4:30 p.m.
The worker was found unconscious inside a vessel located four floors below the main deck.
Right now, it is believed that when the worker opened a compartment, fumes came out that caused him to pass out.
Port of Brownsville Chief Carlos Garcia tells Action 4 News that the compartment was pressurized.
Chief Garcia says there were no signs of foul play.
He was taken to Valley Regional Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
Right now, police are not releasing the worker TMs identity.
An autopsy has been ordered.