MENU

      Exact cause of fire confirmed in fatal Bluetown blaze

      A fire that killed a teenage boy and gutted a home in Bluetown was caused by a faulty air conditioning window unit.

      The Cameron County fire marshal's office confirmed the exact cause Monday.

      The blaze on 33334 Longoria happened Monday, July 13, in the early morning hours.

      All five members of the family ran out of the home, but a 13-year-old boy ran back inside and later died.

      Firefighters found his body under a bed.

      It is unknown why the boy ran back inside the home.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER