93 / 70
      95 / 73
      92 / 69

      Fire destroys family home in Olmito

      An electrical short circuit in an outlet may be to blame for destroying a family's home located just outside Olmito on Friday, according to the Cameron County Fire Marshal TMs Office.

      The fire totaled the residence on Laguna Escondido, but fortunately no one was home at the time.

      Home owner Ana Rodriguez said the family's three puppies died in the fire and the family lost most of their personal belongings.

      If you would like to help the Rodriguez family you can contact Ana Rodriguez at 956-459-1475 or via email at anarodriguez950@gmail.com