84
      Sunday
      93 / 77
      Monday
      94 / 78
      Tuesday
      93 / 77

      Fire destroys Harlingen home on Easter Sunday

      Neighbors and family members watch Harlingen house fire

      Trash burning led to a family TMs home being completely destroyed on Sunday.

      The homeowner was burning trash next to his garage.

      After the trash finished burning, the man went inside the house.

      Around 1:30 p.m. the flames sparked up again and caught the garage on fire.

      The fire quickly spread to the home located on Hoening Road.

      Harlingen Fire Department quickly responded to the scene and have been working on extinguishing the flames.

      The homeowner was able to escape from the house uninjured.

      The man's wife and four daughters were not home at the time because they were out at a family Easter celebration.

      They quickly came over to the house and watched firefighters put out the flames.

      Everything the family owned is now gone.

      If you would like to make any donations to the family you can call Severro Vasquez at 893-0571 or Yajarra Vasquez at 453-9919.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER