85
      Friday
      96 / 78
      Saturday
      95 / 77
      Sunday
      93 / 76

      Fire forces Brownsville family to live in storage room

      The Gonzales family was looking forward to the upcoming Valentine TMs Day when their hearts were completely broken and their lives shattered.

      Jennifer Gonzales saw smoke coming out of the windows and doors, and before she knew it, her house was burned down.

      After 23 years of memories in their home, Jennifer, her three kids, her sister and her four kids, along with their brother and mother, are now forced to live in a tiny storage room.

      The American Red Cross did step in, but could only provide three nights in a hotel room.

      Jennifer says she has contacted Good Neighbor and a Catholic Church, but all say they don TMt have funding to help them.

      Despite the tragedy, the family feels lucky that they all escaped the fire unhurt.

      If you would like to help the Gonzales family call (956)-640-3706, or email listens@valleycentral.com

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER