The family of Applebee TMs employee Chris Kruger is waiting for autopsy results before they can determine funeral arrangements for the 22-year-old.
Kruger TMs family told Action 4 News that he had choked on his food while he was eating at the restaurant Saturday evening.
He was transported to the hospital where he died a short time later.
An autopsy was ordered and will determine the exact cause of death.
The restaurant was temporarily closed Saturday night out of respect for Kruger and his family.
The Harlingen Applebee TMs opened up its doors for normal business Sunday morning.
Kruger had been working for Applebee TMs for the past five months.