87 / 72
      86 / 72
      88 / 71

      Gas leak prompts evacuation of church, homes

      Two homes and a nearby church were evacuated because of a gas leak.

      Alamo Fire Department said the ruptured propane tank lead to the precautionary evacuation.

      The leak happened near North Expressway 83 around 4:30 on Sunday, April 27.

      Alamo Fire Department is working to clear the area since about 80 to 100 pounds of the gas has leaked, according to fire department.

      There were no major damages or injuries as a result of the gas leak.

      The propane tank was located in back of a home in Alamo.

      Alamo Fire Chief Ronaldo Espinoza said as temperature begin to warm up, residents should get their propane tanks inspected to prevent leaks from happening.

      Action 4 News will provide further information as details are made available.