List: School delays due to weather
Some school districts across the Rio Grande Valley plan to delay classes on Friday due to inclement weather.
Valley View ISD
As of 8:00 pm, Valley View ISD will have regular school hours tomorrow Friday, December 8, 2017. Check Valley View ISD social media for updates.
Donna ISD is monitoring the weather. As of now, normal operations are in effect.
Agape Christian School
Agape Christian School in Mission will have a one-hour delay Friday.
- 9:45 a.m. for students
- No delays for campus staff
Sharyland ISD will start classes Friday at the regularly scheduled time. Check sharylandisd.org for updates.
Weslaco ISD will be starting all classes an hour late on Friday.
- Elementary will start 8:45 a.m.
- Middle School at 8:20 a.m.
- High School at 9 a.m.
- Buses will run 30 minutes later than usual
La Joya ISD
La Joya ISD will delay the start of classes for all students by one hour due to inclement weather conditions. All staff will report to work at regular schedule. Classes will end at regular time.
Vanguard Academy in Alamo, Edinburg and Pharr will be on a delayed schedule Friday due to weather.
- 9:00 a.m. for students
- 8:00 a.m. for campus staff
- 7:00 a.m. for cafeteria staff
Hidalgo ISD will have a two-hour delay of classes on Friday.
- Elementary schools will start at 9:50 a.m.
- Junior High schools will start at 9:30 a.m.
- High Schools will start at 9 a.m.
- Bus pick-up for elementary students will start at 9:15 a.m.
- Bus pick-up for junior high and high school students will start at 8:20 a.m.
PSJA ISD will keep normal school hours for Friday, Dec. 8. Weather will be monitored throughout the night. If anything changes, parents will be notified via a mass phone call, and notification will be posted on district social media sites and website.
Harvest Christian Academy
Harvest Christian Academy in Edinubrg is delaying start tomorrow until 9:00 a.m.
Monte Alto ISD
Monte Alto ISD to delay classes on Friday due to weather.
- 9 a.m. for students
- 8:30 a.m. for staff
IDEA Public Schools:
All campuses at IDEA Public Schools will be open and operate on a normal schedule on Friday, Dec. 8, 2017. Visit IDEA's website for more information and updates regarding inclement weather.
The start of the school day for all Mission CISD (Consolidated Independent School District) schools will be delayed tomorrow (December 8) by two hours. This is due to the current weather forecast trends. The school day will end at the regular time.
- Elementary schools start at 9:45 a.m.
- Junior high schools start at 10 a.m.
- High School start at 10:15 a.m.
- School bus pick up times will also be delayed by two hours.
- School administration and custodians should report to work as close to the regular times as possible.
- The remainder of campus staff should report to work at 9:00 a.m. Central Administration Offices will open at 9:00 a.m.
Edinburg CISD to start late on Friday due to weather.
- Elementary School Student Start Time at 9:00 A.M.
- Middle School Student Start Time at 9:25 A.M.
- High School Student Start Time at 9:50 A.M.
McAllen ISD has been monitoring weather reports throughout the day and has determined that a delayed start time for Friday, December 8, is in the best interest of our students and staff. Please follow the schedule below:
- Elementary: 9:05 a.m. Instruction begins.
- Middle Schools: 9:10 a.m. Instruction begins.
- High Schools: 9:20 a.m. Instruction begins.
- Campus Staff: 8:30 a.m. Work day begins.
Edcouch Elsa ISD students are to report to school at 9 a.m. on Friday due to weather. Follow Edcouch-Elsa ISD on Facebook for updates.
- All Bus routes will begin thirty minutes later than normal.
- All employees are to report at your regular scheduled arrival time.
- Dismissal at the end of the day will be at the regular scheduled time for all students and employees.
La Feria ISD
Point Isabel ISD
Point Isabel ISD will keep regular scheduled classes Friday. Any changes will be announced by 6:30 AM.
San Benito CISD
Normal operations are scheduled for San Benito CISD schools Friday.
Normal operations are scheduled for Los Fresnos CISD schools Friday. Classes will begin at the normal times – elementary schools at 7:50 a.m., middle school at 8:20 a.m., and high schools at 8:25 a.m.
Harlingen CISD will keep normal school hours on Friday.
Brownsville ISD will delay classes Friday, according to their website.
- Middle School will begin at 10 a.m.
- Elementary schools will begin at 10:30 a.m.
- High Schools will begin at 11:15 a.m.
- All school will be dismissed at regular times
- All district employees must report to their regular times.
Rio Grande City CISD
Rio Grande City CISD classes will go on as scheduled.
San Isidro ISD
San Isidro ISD will delay classes on Friday due to weather. Classes will begin at 10 a.m.
- Bus routes will be adjusted by 2 hours, arriving at school by 9:30 for Breakfast.
- Staff is to report at 9:30 and classes
Roma ISD is open for school at regular times on Friday, Dec. 8th.
Lasara ISD to start late on Friday due to weather.
- 9:00 A.M. for Students
- 8:00 A.M. for Staff
Lyford CISD is monitoring the weather and has no plans to delay or postpone school. Updates, if warranted, will be posted on social media.
Raymondville ISD schools will open at normal start times and buses will run on their regular schedule.
San Perlita ISD
San Perlita ISD will begin classes at the regular scheduled time Friday.
- Transportation routes will be delayed.
- Student pickup is scheduled to begin at 10:00 a.m.