Authorities evacuated students at a middle school in Brownsville following a report of a gas leak in a science lab.
It all happened at Perkins Middle School off Austin Road on the city TMs eastside on Friday morning.
Brownsville ISD officials reported that students and staff evacuated the school when a gas odor was detected.
Students and staff were relocated to the gym while authorities checked for the source of the leak.
School district officials said the gas leak was found in a science lab and has been repaired.