Teen hospitalized after fire destroys home

One teen was taken to the hospital

Authorities say a faulty electric plug could have caused a fire that left a home completely destroyed and sent teen to the hospital.

The fire happened on the 1300 block of South Standard Avenue in San Juan around 6:30 p.m.

The San Juan Fire Department told Action 4 News that an 18-year-old man was home at the time.

Authorities said the house is a total loss, but the fire is contained at this time.

Investigators said a faulty electric plug may have caused the fire.

Paramedics rushed the teen to a local hospital for observation.

Fire fighters are still at the scene putting out hot spots.

Other homes in the area were not affected by the fire.

Further details are not available at this time.