92
      Saturday
      98 / 77
      Sunday
      98 / 79
      Monday
      99 / 78

      Unattended dryer blamed in country club house fire

      House fire at at home inside the Harlingen Country Club in Palm Valley

      Authorities believe an unattended dryer started a house fire at a country club duplex.

      Harlingen firefighters were called out to 5214 Guava St. inside the Harlingen Country Club in Palm Valley just before 11:30 a.m. Friday.

      No injuries were reported but there was damage from the smoke and fire.

      Investigators believe an un attended dryer started the fire.

      A man renting the duplex said he left to go run an errand and came back to find the fire.

      Harlingen firefighters are asking area residents not to leave appliances unattended.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER