Texas State students occupy 4th floor of student center until demands are met
Texas State students are occupying the fourth floor of the LBJ Student Center until demands imposed are met.
This comes after not enough student senators showed up Tuesday evening to make a quorum for the impeachment trial for student body president, Connor Clegg.
They've been at the center for over 18 hours.
According to a press release, students have no intention of leaving the center until these demands are followed:
- Dean of Students (Dr. Margarita Arellano) and President Denise Trauth denounce and facilitate the removal of student body president Connor Clegg for his failure to represent students and the values of this university
- Dean of Students (Dr. Margarita Arellano) and President Denise Trauth denounce Texas State’s Student Government Senate for their failure to represent their constituents and their failure to be present at yet another trial.
- President Denise Trauth and her Cabinet establish tangible action that will address the needs of students of color, which include:
- A published timeline for the establishment of a diversity requirement to the general core curriculum
- A published timeline for the establishment of Black Studies
- A published timeline for the hiring of a full-time campus immigration attorney
- The assembly of a task force of cabinet members, student leaders, and relevant faculty to address any other campus climate issues