Brownsville boy hospitalized after exposure to gasoline fumes

A 3-year-old Brownsville boy was rushed to the hospital after exposure to gasoline fumes

There were some tense moments for a Brownsville family after they thought their toddler drank some gasoline.

It happened at a home on the 6000 block of Coach Drive just outside Brownsville city limits.

Cameron County Sheriff Omar Lucio told Action 4 News the mother a 3-year-old son about to pass out.

Sheriff Lucio said the mother was hanging clothes outside her home while her child played nearby.

She happened to go inside the house for a couple of seconds but when she came out, she noticed her son seemed a little dizzy.

Since he was standing near a lawn mower, she thought the boy drank some gasoline and called for help.

Sheriff Lucio said the fumes from the gasoline was likely what made the boy dizzy.

Paramedics rushed the boy to the hospital for precautionary measures.

Neighbor Mari Jaramillo told Action 4 News that she saw the ambulance take the boy away.

She said parents need to keep dangerous products out of harm TMs way.

"We always keep everything like cleaning products up high where the kids can TMt reach them because you know how curious kids can be, Jaramillo said.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off