Emergency repair grants available for McAllen residents affected by flood damage
Affordable Homes of South Texas, Inc. is providing emergency repair grants valued up to $300 for McAllen residents who have had damage to their home due to flooding from rain on Wednesday and Thursday.
The grants are meant to help purchase items for “quick fixes” like tarps, wet vacuums and other items until insurance help arrives, according to a news release from the city of McAllen.
Residents can apply for the grant at the AHST office located at 500 S. 15th Street, as well as online through Facebook or email at email@example.com.
Affordable Homes of South Texas, Inc. will be open Saturday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. for emergency repair grant assistance in McAllen.
The following is required:
- Completed application: You can request the application form from Affordable Homes of South Texas, Inc.
- Valid Texas I.D. or driver’s license or any type of identification
- Proof of income: One check stub or bank statement that shows direct deposit.
- Printed pictures of what needs to be repaired
- An estimate of the work. If the resident is going to do the work themselves and just need the assistance to purchase the materials, then please provide the estimate form the store where the materials will be purchased.
For more information, call the AHST office at 956-687-6263.