How to report your flood damage

(Image Source: MGN online)

Numerous Rio Grande Valley cities are encouraging residents to report damage following last week’s flooding event across the Valley.

Willacy County

To report damages in Willacy County, residents can call the following numbers:

  • Willacy County Sheriff's Office -956-689-5576
  • Raymondville- 956-689-2443
  • Lyford - 956-347-3512

Cameron County

Hotlines for damage assessment reports in Cameron County. (Open Monday- Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.)

  • 956-550-9954
  • 956-550-9842
  • 956-550-9737
  • 956-550-9134
  • 956-550-9169

City of Harlingen

  • For residents living in Harlingen, you can make your report in English or Spanish and e-mail it to
  • For additional information, click here.

City of Brownsville

  • For residents living in Brownsville, you can call (956) 546-HELP or e-mail
  • For additional information, click here.

Hidalgo County

City of Pharr

  • Pharr residents are asked to visit the Development Research Center at 850 W. Dicker Road for a damage assessment evaluation.
  • Residents will need identification or a city of Pharr utility bill, and as many photos as possible of flood damage.
  • Damage assessment evaluations will take place Monday, June 25 through Friday, June 29 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
  • For more information, click here.

City of Mission

  • For residents living in Mission, click here to access the online reporting page for reporting damage.

City of Edinburg

  • Edinburg residents can report flood damages on the city's website. Click here to report.

Mercedes area

  • Low-income families in the Mercedes area can apply for disaster assistance funds at the American Legion post 172 located at 321 S. Ohio.
  • Assistance will be provided to 60 families per day beginning at 8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. through Friday, June 28, and again from July 2 – July 6.
  • No assistance will be provided during the weekend or the 4th of July

To qualify, families must:

  • Be below 125 percent of the 2018 Federal Poverty Level
  • Provide proof of income for everyone living in the home (last 30 days)
  • Provide government issued form of identification
  • Provide photographic proof of damage to property or home
  • Provide proof of home ownership if claiming damage to home
  • A copy of a current utility bill

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off