MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Port Isabel Service Processing Center to be primary reunification, removal center

(Source: U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement)

The Port Isabel Service Processing Center will be the primary reunification and removal center for adults in their custody, according to a release from the Department of Health and Human Services.

The press release, which was sent out on Saturday, discussed the process to ensure that family members know the location of their children, have regular communication after separation to ensure that those adults who are reunited with their children for the purposes of removal.

As of June 20, according to the release, 2,053 separated minors are being cared for in HHS funded facilities. The report stated that currently only 17 percent of minors in HHS funded facilities were placed there as a result of Zero Tolerance enforcement while the remaining 83 percent arrived to the United States without a parent or guardian.

Parent(s) or guardian(s) attempting to determine if their child is in the custody of the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) in HHS Administration for Children and Families should contact the ORR National Call Center (www.acf.hhs.gov/orr/resource/orr-national-call-center) at 1-800-203-7001, or via email information@ORRNCC.com. Information will be collected and sent to HHS funded facility where minor is located. The ORR National Call Center has numerous resources available for children, parent(s), guardian(s) and sponsors.

For more information on the process, click here.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending