Texas Southmost College building evacuated after acid spill

Photo Credit: CBS 4 News

Officials evacuated a Texas Southmost College building after an acid spill Thursday morning.

Texas Southmost College is renting the building to the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley.

About a liter of acid spilled in a lab, said Assistant Fire Chief Mario Guerrero.

Officials have contacted a private company to clean up the spill. Students and teachers have been asked to leave the building until the spill is cleaned up.

Check back for updates.

Correction: An earlier version of this story incorrectly stated that a teacher had suffered acid burns, according to the Brownsville Police Department. Nobody was burned, according to the Brownsville Fire Department.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off