Authorities identify 3 hunters found dead at Brown County deer camp
BROWN COUNTY, Texas (KTXS) - The identities of the three family members who died from carbon monoxide poisoning at deer camp between Brownwood and Bangs were released Tuesday.
John Glass Sr., 69, of Lake Brownwood and his son Bryan Glass, 41, of Temple and grandson 13-year-old Cody of Troy were found dead Saturday afternoon, according to Brown County Chief Deputy James Stroope.
All three were last seen alive on Dec. 28 hunting deer at a ranch located on County Road 151 near Bangs, Justice of the Peace Jim Cavanaugh said.
Stroope said the ranch's owner won't face any criminal charges and labeled the incident as an "unfortunate accident."
The three men were using a propane tank as a heater, according to the sheriff's office.
Stroope said the men were sleeping in a cargo trailer without sufficient ventilation "which caused the individuals to succumb to what investigators believe to be carbon monoxide poisoning."
The ranch's manager found the men lying unconscious on their beds, according to Cavanaugh.
The sheriff's office urges people to have proper ventilation if they decide to use propane heaters in their deer blinds or other out buildings.
Signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning may include -- dull headache, weakness, dizziness, nausea or vomiting, shortness of breath, confusion, blurred vision and loss of consciousness.
If you begin to experience these symptoms, get fresh air and seek medical treatment.